Ideal for pilgrims who are doing Chardham pilgrimage by road, our Dodham heli-tour from Sersi offers you the chance to cover your last two Dhams of the pilgrimage - Kedar & Badri, in a swift & comfortable same day trip with VIP darshans.
• Duration: 01 Day
• Itinerary: Sersi ➝ Kedarnath ➝ Badrinath ➝ Sersi
• Operational During: May to June (Pre-monsoon), Sep to Oct (Post-monsoon).
> Helicopter flying from Sersi to Kedarnath ji & Badrinath ji, & back.
> Shri Kedarnath ji helicopter shuttle services: Sersi – Kedar - Sersi.
> Breakfast or Lunch at Sersi.
> VIP Darshans.
> Taxes & other government levy.
• VIP Darshans are subject to the orders issued by the temple authorities and State government.
• In view of our helicopters’ weight carrying capacity, Himalayan Heli reserves the right to shuffle passengers between helicopters to manage the right weight for safe flying in the hills. Therefore, passengers travelling together may not be accommodated in the same helicopter flight.
• FIXED FLIGHT TIMINGS: This is a Daily Fixed Departure Helicopter tour, and departure timings of each destination is fixed. However, Himalayan Heli reserves the right to change/postpone the timings of flying one day prior, subject to weather/force majeure reasons.
• REPORTING TIME at Sersi Helipad: Reporting time will be confirmed by our Sersi team, in the evening one day prior to the tour.
• Passengers must submit their correct weights at the time of booking.
• BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE: Only one baggage weighing a maximum of 5 kgs is allowed per passenger. And it Is not permitted to carry suitcases or big travel bags in the helicopter.
• Kedarnath shuttle service: Passengers will be ferried to Kedarnath ji in a shuttle services flight. And it is likely that passengers travelling together may not be accommodated in a same flight.
• Any sudden increase in taxes/levy by the State Government or the temple authorities, will be borne by the passengers.
• If online yatra registration will be compulsory, then passengers will have to do the same prior to travel.
• Comfortable clothing such as tracksuits or Kurtas are advised on the tour. As for shoes, one should carry sports or trekking shoes.
• Himalayan Heli has its own crew at both the Dhams. For assistance, they will be with the passengers always.
• Infants below 2 years (Max 12 kg weight) are accommodated free of charge. For verification of age the child, ID proof/birth certificate of the child will be checked.
• Any donations, tips, pitthu, extra porter charges shall be borne by the passengers.
• Network connectivity at Badrinath is poor. BSNL & Jio are the main telecom services, that work in these regions mostly.
• Both the Dham are located at a high altitude, therefore passengers are advised to carry medication during travel. Also, they are advised to carry warm clothing with them, because during evenings & nights, the temperature can drop drastically
Guests are supposed to report at Himalayan Heli Services’ Sersi Helipad as per the reporting time given to them, which will be advised by our crew one day prior to the flying date.
Passengers will report at Sersi Heli-Base by 0600 Hrs.
The tour commences from Sersi – Himalayan Heli’s third, and the oldest, own Heli-base in the Chardham sector. We operate the shuttle services for Shri Kedarnath ji shrine from here.
Guests will be ferried to Kedarnath ji in one of our shuttle services flight. Kedarnath Dham is at a distance of 500m from the Kedarnath helipad.
At Kedarnath ji, our crew will escort you for darshan. It takes around 2 hours to finish darshan & return back to the helipad. And after returning, we fly to Badrinath ji.
After landing at Badrinath helipad, guests will be taken for darshan in cars by our crew. The temple is approx. 05 mins away from Helipad.
Total time that will be taken for darshan at Badrinath ji is 01-1.5 hrs at the most, after which we return back to helipad & fly to Sahastradhara.
Our team can arrange any extra inclusion that you may want on your tour, such as:
Hotel bookings, Special pujas, etc.
Confirmation against the same must be given in advance.
• Passengers have to mandatorily follow the government prescribed measures in regards to COVID-19.
• Passengers will be provided PPE gowns/kits, masks & sanitizers by our crew before boarding their respective flights.
• Passengers should ensure social distancing with other pilgrims at the time of darshan.
• Wearing a mask is compulsory to board the helicopter and must be worn at all times.
• Post-flight our helicopters are sanitized and fumigated for the safe flying of our passengers.
• Flying in hills is subject to weather conditions. And in regard to our Dodham operations, we would like to bring to your kind attention that flight cancellations & other inconveniences due to weather are very much likely since weather is extremely unpredictable in the hills.
• Passengers should come prepared to face the eventualities which can arise by bad weather/force majeure problems.
• Force Majeure situations include cases of bad weather, low visibility for flying, delayed Air Traffic Clearances/Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the guests at the helipads, among others.
• Further please note, in case of bad weather/force majeure situation, we will operate as per our policies mentioned in the ‘Terms & Conditions’ & ‘Important Guidelines & Policies’ sections.
We operate Airbus AS350 B3 single engine helicopters. This helicopter is known for its high-altitude performance. The helicopter can seat a total of 6 passengers, maximum total weight permissible is 450 kgs.
Only one handbag weighing a maximum of 5kgs is allowed per passenger.
• In the summer months of May –June, weather remains sunny during the day & approx. 20-30 degrees at night – which is very pleasant.
• Comfortable summer leisure wear should be carried during the May-June season.
• During Sep-Oct, temperatures remain pleasant during the day. However, they drop to around 10-20 degrees at night.
• We provide disposable raincoats to our passengers in case of rain.
• At Kedarnath & Badrinath, temperatures may suddenly fall below 10 degrees at night. Therefore, it is advisable to carry clothes for cold weather during these months.
• COVID TRAVEL GUIDELINES
COVID protocols must be adhered by the passengers as per the effective mandate of the government. Without adhering to the government guidelines, boarding shall be denied to the passengers without refund.
• SEATING CAPACITY
The seating capacity of our helicopter is 06 passengers.
• HELICOPTER WEIGHT LIMITATION
Maximum weight capacity of the helicopter is 450 kg (excluding baggage weight). Passengers are taken on board depending up on the load and temperature conditions, and the Pilots call will be final. Hence, passengers are required to provide us their exact weights at the time of booking.
Exceedance of helicopter weight carrying capacity, will result in passengers getting deboarded & cancelled for the Heli-tour without any refund.
• OVERWEIGHT CHARGES
Overweight charges are applicable @ INR 800/kg. This will be chargeable to passengers weighing above 75 kg. But excess weight will only be calculated on the total excess weight above the total permissible weight of all the group members combined, i.e., permissible weight = 75 Kg x (No. of pax).
Any discrepancy found in the weights of the passengers, which will be chargeable as per the overweight criteria, the same would be collected prior to boarding of flights.
• Depending up on weather/force majeure conditions, Himalayan Heli might cover the Dhams interchangeably. And breakfast/lunch can be arranged at either of the Dhams or Dehradun, depending up on the time of departure from Sahastradhara.
• We advise our passengers to keep one additional day at hand at Dehradun, to avoid inconvenience in case passengers get stuck at any of the destinations due to bad weather or force majeure scenarios.
• BAD WEATHER & FORCE MAJEURE DISCLAIMER
Flying in hills is subject to bad weather, and many Force Majeure factors like delayed Air Traffic Clearances/Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the passengers at the helipads, among others. Therefore, passengers must be prepared to face any eventuality and inconvenience in case of such scenarios.
• AADHAR Card copies are to be shared by all Indian passengers, & passport in case of foreign nationals.
• MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
Himalayan Heli will not be liable for any medical emergency on the ground to the passengers. Therefore, in your own interest, passengers are hereby advised to kindly consult a doctor and get medical check-up done before commencing the yatra. Medical check-up is mainly required if a passenger has any medical ailment or condition.
If Medical evacuation by Helicopter is needed, it will be chargeable @ INR 1,10,000/ Hr plus GST.
• CARRIAGE BY AIR ACT, 1972
The carriage is subject to Himalayan Heli Services regulations relating to the conditions of Non-International Carriage (Passenger and Baggage) framed in accordance with The Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and Notification regarding application of the carriage which is non-international. The liability of the company for damage sustained in the event of the death or wounding of a passenger or any other bodily injury suffered by passenger or by his registered baggage during the course of carriage by air will be governed by the provisions of sections 4,5,6 and the rules contained in the second Schedule of Carriage by Air Act 1972 with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications, etc as notified in the Govt. of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation Notification and as amended from time to time.
• Himalayan Heli reserves the right to cancel passengers, who are unruly, abusive, intoxicated, sick, mentally unfit or anyone else whom we deem to be unsafe to fly. No refund shall be done to such passenger(s).
• Our Heli-Tours are not available for the following VIP’s:
- Speaker Lok Sabha
- Dy. Chairperson Rajya Sabha
- Central Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- C J I Supreme Court
- Governors of State
- Chief Ministers of State
- State Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- SPG Protectees – Z category only.
• RESCHEDULING OF BOOKING
Rescheduling your booking to any future or prior travel date, will be done subject to availability, and on payment of 10% of the total tour cost. This will be permitted only if informed at least 07 days before arrival date.
In case rescheduling is requested less than 07 days prior to the travel date, then the booking would be treated as cancelled, & a fresh booking will be given subject to availability, after the levy of applicable cancellation charges.
• PAYMENT TERMS
o We accept payments via bank transfers, cheques, cash, UPI and card machine.
o The booking is to be done in advance with a deposit of 50% of the total amount. Balance payment will be taken 14 days prior to the date of arrival at Dehradun.
o Passengers will not be permitted to board or commence the tour, unless full & final payment of the tour has been done.
o Payments via credit/debit card machine will incur 2% extra charges.
• CANCELLATIONS POLICY:
If passengers cancel their booking prior or after commencement of tour, following cancellation charges will be applicable -
|o More than 15 days prior to travel date||: 30% of total tour cost.|
|o Between 08 to 15 days prior to travel date||: 50% of total tour cost.|
|o 07 or less days prior to travel date||: No Refund.|
|o No show||: No Refund.|
|o After commencement of tour||: No Refund.|
Basis of Refund:
• Tour Cost: Full refund toward the proportionate amount of the cancelled sector as below:
o Cancellation of Complete tour : Full refund, minus INR 3,000/- per person toward the flight preparation & ground arrangement charges.
o Only Badrinath ji : INR 2,00,000 (tax inclusive for 06 pax). Ekdham Badrinath Dham tour will be chargeable to the passengers in case only Badri Dham is covered.
o Only Kedarnath ji : INR 60,000 (tax inclusive for 06 pax). Ekdham Kedarnath Dham tour will be chargeable to the passengers in case only Kedar Dham is covered.
• BAD WEATHER & FORCE MAJEURE POLICIES:
• Where bad weather, technical snags or any force majeure reason beyond Himalayan Heli Services’ control results in the cancellation of your flight being delayed or cancelled, Himalayan Heli Services will not be liable in any way for the cancelled or delayed flight. However, refund will be given to clients as per our refunds policy. Any kind of inconvenience caused because of cancellation of flights is beyond the control of the operator. No compensation or reimbursement for accommodation, transportation, meals or any other extra travel expenses done by the passengers shall be offered in the event of cancellation of a flight.
• In case tour departure does not take place from Sersi as per the scheduled departure timing due to above reasons, our team will propose the possible revised itinerary within our package duration, but without any extension of timings.
• In case flying does not take place during the entire day, tour will be considered as cancelled & refund as per our policies will be made.
• Booking will not be revalidated to the next day under any circumstance.
• In case the passengers would like to consider taking the tour on the next available date, a fresh booking can be made for the same. Our team will propose the available options to the passengers. The balance/unutilized amount against previous booking can be adjusted against the fresh booking. And any extra costs that would be accruing, will have to be borne by the passengers.
• New Dodham passenger(s) scheduled for departure from Sersi on any respective travel date shall be our top priority.
• In case the tour departs from Sersi as per schedule but gets disrupted, while the tour is ongoing, our team will propose the possible revised itinerary within the scheduled package duration, but without any extension of timings.
• Any extension, proposed by the passengers, in the package will only be considered at an extra cost and subject to operational viability.
• Additional night halt charges will be payable by the passengers to hotels on direct payment basis, when they get stuck for additional nights due to bad weather/force majeure reasons.
• In case of passenger get stuck at Kedarnath top due to bad weather or Force Majeure, the accommodation charges at Kedarnath will borne by the client directly.
• If passengers require extra helicopter flying at the end of their tour, the same will be chargeable at INR 1,10,000/Hr + UCADA royalty & landing charges + GST.
• While passengers are stuck at a Dham due to bad weather/force majeure reason, and demands to cancel their tour and return by road, Himalayan Heli shall arrange transportation for them, however, cost for the same will be borne by the passengers on direct payment basis. No refund shall be applicable in this case.
• Any increase in government levies or taxes, after the confirmation of booking, will be extra chargeable to the passengers. Payment against the same will have to be done before the commencement of tour.
Disputes as to legality, interpretation, application or performance of service or any of its terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Delhi Jurisdiction.
• Bookings will be taken, considering there is acceptance of the above-mentioned terms & conditions by the party.