Our Chardham Heli-tour encompasses every little detail, comfort & charge you’ll encounter on your entire yatra. Join Himalayan Heli on this sacred pilgrimage by booking on per seat basis, & get set for a journey of a lifetime.
• Duration: 5 Nights / 6 Days (Including complimentary stay at Dehradun)
• Itinerary: Dehradun ➝ Yamunotri ➝ Gangotri ➝ Kedarnath ➝ Badrinath ➝ Dehradun
• Operational During: May to June (Pre-monsoon), Sep to Oct (Post-monsoon).
> Helicopter Flying from and to Dehradun.
> Hemkund Sahib Aerial Darshan.
> Complimentary Stay at Dehradun on your Date Of Arrival (Meals Not Included) - This Additional Night makes our Heli-tour a 5N/6D tour.
> Airport & Hotel transfers at Dehradun.
> Local Transportation.
> Accommodation for 4 Nights on Ap Basis (All Meals Included).
> Palki/pony at Yamunotri (Subject To Availability).
> Maha Abhishek at Badrinath Ji (On Request).
> Rudra Abhishek at Kedarnath Ji (On Request).
> Shri Kedarnath Ji Shuttle Services.
> Local sight seeing with HHSPL Guides at all four destinations.
> Vip Darshans.
> Royalty, Landing & Parking charges as per UCADA.
> Helicopter handling charges.
Dehradun is the starting and ending point of the journey. Guests will be picked up from Airport/Railway station, depending on their time of arrival.
We provide a complimentary stay on the day you arrive at Dehradun, so you can unwind & get set for the journey ahead.
In the evening, guests shall be briefed by our staff about the tour, and they will receive HHSPL duffel bags to carry their luggage on the journey ahead.
This is officially the starting day of the Chardham yatra. We fly early morning from Sahastradhara to Kharsali at 0600 hrs. FYI, HHSPL has its own Heli-base in Kharsali.
Yamunotri Dham is a 6 km trek from Kharsali village & it takes around 6 hours to finish.
Kharsali is one of the most favourite destinations of our passengers. This quite little village has two sacred ancient temples which you can visit: Shani temple & Yamuna Mata temple (Winter seat of goddess Yamuna).
We fly from Kharsali to Harsil at 0630 hrs.
Gangotri Dham is at a distance of approx. 25kms from Harsil Village, which takes around 50 mins to reach.
Harsil village is hands down, the most scenic stop of our Chardham tour. This place will capture your heart the minute you arrive here. Moreover, the endless sightseeing places here will keep you occupied throughout the day.
We fly from Harsil to Sersi at 0700 hrs. HHSPL has its own Heli-base in Sersi, from where we operate the shuttle services for Kedarnath Ji shrine.
You will be taken for Shri Kedarnath Ji darshan in one of our shuttle services flight.
Sersi is a small village in Mandakini valley. In the evening, we take you to an ancient temple nearby: Triyuginarayan temple – The venue of Lord Shiva & Goddess Parvati’s marriage.
We fly from Sersi to Badrinath at 0830 hrs.
Shri Badrinath ji Dham is 05 mins away from the Badrinath hotel.
The most popular place to visit near Badrinath Ji Dham is Mana Village – The last village of India.
We fly from Badrinath to Sahastradhara at 0900 hrs.
As we arrive at Sahastradhara, our team will welcome you back to Dehradun and after that we will drop you to the airport/railway stations for your return journey.
This concludes our Chardham 4N5D Heli-tour.
1. Maha-Abhishek Puja:
• INR 4,300/Person (approx.).
• Booking for the same is done on direct payment basis at Dehradun.
2. Rudra-Abhishek Puja:
• INR 6,500 for 05 People (approx.).
• Booking for the same is done on direct payment basis at Dehradun.
3. Booking of Scheduled/Non-scheduled flights to Dehradun:
• Price on request.
• While our team takes care of your entire Chardham tour, they can also assist you in booking of air-tickets to Dehradun.
4. Haridwar, Rishikesh or Mussorie visit:
• INR 6,000 for 06 People
• Booking for the same is to be done at the time of booking of your Chardham tour.
• Passengers have to mandatorily follow the government prescribed measures in regards to COVID-19.
• Passengers will be provided PPE gowns/kits, masks & sanitizers by our crew before boarding their respective flights.
• Passengers should ensure social distancing with other pilgrims at the time of darshan.
• Wearing a mask is compulsory to board the helicopter and must be worn at all times.
• Post-flight our helicopters are sanitized and fumigated for the safe flying of our passengers.
• Flying in hills is subject to weather conditions. And in regard to our Chardham operations, we would like to bring to your kind attention that flight cancellations & other inconveniences due to weather are very much likely since weather is extremely unpredictable in the hills.
• Passengers should come prepared to face the eventualities which can arise by bad weather/force majeure problems.
• Force Majeure situations include cases of bad weather, low visibility for flying, delayed Air Traffic Clearances/Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the guests at the helipads, among others.
• Further please note, in case of bad weather/force majeure situation, we will operate as per our policies mentioned in the ‘Terms & Conditions’ & ‘Important Guidelines & Policies’ sections.
Q.1: How is the weather going to be?
Ans: Please refer to Weather & What to Wear section.
Q.2: What kind of clothing should I bring?
Ans: Please refer to Weather & What to Wear section.
Q.3: How will the food be arranged?
Ans: All meals are included at each Dham, however, meals are not included during your stay at Dehradun. FYI, food is prepared separately for non-garlic & non-onion food eaters.
Q. 4: What sort of meal is served in our Chardham yatra.
Ans: Pure Vegetarian food is served to all our pilgrims without onion and garlic.
Q.5: Which telephone networks work?
Ans: Kharsali: All networks
Harsil: BSNL, JIO
Sersi: All networks
Kedarnath: All networks
Badrinath: BSNL, JIO
In case your networks do not work, you can always reach out to our crew for any help or assistance regarding the same.
Q.6: Will there be a guide with us throughout the Yatra?
Ans: HHSPL crew will be present at each Dham to assist you for all your needs. Our crew will also guide you during your sight-seeings.
Q.7: What kind of accommodation will be provided at places?
Ans: Luxury hotels are not available at these remote locations,therefore you are advised not to keep very high expectation of hotels. However, we provide the best available hotels at all location.
Q.8: When should we reach Dehradun to start our Chardham Yatra?
Ans: Guests need to reach Dehradun, one day prior to their scheduled Chardham departure date booked with us. Himalayan Heli provides complimentary stay on the first night, when guests arrive at Dehradun.
Q.9: How far are the Temples from the Helipads at each Dham?
Ans: Apart from Yamunotri Dham, there is barely any walking distance at each Dham. At Yamunotri, there is a 6km trek to the shrine, which is done through porters/Palki/Pony. Arrangement for the same is done by Himalayan Heli.
Q.10: Will children be charged the same for the Chardham Yatra, or do they have any concessions?
Ans:Children below the age of 2 years travel free of charge. For children 2 or above, full charges are applicable.
Q.11: Are we supposed to pay for the darshans at the temple?
Ans: VIP darshans at all the four shrines are arranged by Himalayan Heli. However, special pujas are not included in our tour. The same can be arranged on request.
Q.12: When is the Chardham tour available?
Ans: The opening date of Kedarnath ji is announced every year on the day of Maha Shivratri, and opening date of Badrinath ji is announced on the day of Basant Panchami. Whereas, both Yamunotri and Gangotri Dham open every year on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya.
Based on the opening dates, our Chardham tours generally commence sometime in the month of May, and are operational from May-June (pre-monsoon season) & September-October (post-monsoon season).
• In the summer months of May –June, weather remains sunny during the day & approx. 20-30 degrees at night – which is very pleasant.
• Comfortable summer leisure wear should be carried during the May-June season.
• During Sep-Oct, temperatures remain pleasant during the day. However, they drop to around 10-20 degrees at night.
• We provide disposable raincoats to our passengers in case of rain.
• At Kedarnath & Badrinath, temperatures may suddenly fall below 10 degrees at night. Therefore, it is advisable to carry clothes for cold weather during these months.
• This is a fixed departures tour, and all departure timings of each destination are fixed. Therefore, passengers must ensure they report as per the mentioned scheduled ETDs on each day of the tour.
• In respect of COVID-19, all necessary measures issued by the State & Central Governments would have to be adhered by the passengers. The measures shall be confirmed by HHSPL to the passengers 02-03 weeks prior to the date of arrival. Without adhering to the prescribed measures/requirements, boarding would be denied without any refunds.
• Guests have to MANDATORILY submit their correct weights at the time of booking. If any change in weight found at the time of their travel from the submitted weights, which would exceed our aircraft’s weight carrying capacity, guest(s) would be deboarded & cancelled for the Heli-tour without any refund.
• Overweight charges would be charged to guests who are above 80 kg weight. The reason for the same is that we operate at very high-altitude terrain where the weight carrying capacity of the aircraft is only 450 kg. Hence, due to overweight passengers we lose seats in our Chardham fixed departure flights. Overweight charges are applicable at INR 1,000/kg, for the total weight above 80 kg/pax.
• Weighing at the time of boarding the helicopter is a must, since HHSPL shall not allow boarding in case the total weight exceeds the weight limitation of the helicopter. &, due to the same reason, in case of more than 01 available aircraft, we reserve the right to shuffle passengers between helicopters to manage the right weight of helicopters for safe flying in the hills. Therefore, passengers travelling together might not be accommodated in the same helicopter flight.
• When planning your tour, we strongly advise the guests to keep one additional day at hand at Dehradun, over & above the 5N6D period, so that they do not end up in problem in case the weather gets very bad after the commencement of tour, which may lead to extension of the tour.
• Airport transfers will be provided only on the arrival day at Dehradun and on the 5th day of the tour.
• AADHAR & PAN Card copies are to be shared mandatorily by all Indians, & passport is required in case of foreign nationals.
• Network connectivity at Harsil & Badrinath is very poor. BSNL & Jio are the main telecom service providers, that work in these regions at times. It is most likely, that guests would be cut-off from the outside world during their time there. However, our crew shall be with the guests for any assistance required at all the Dhams.
• Guests would not be allowed to carry their suitcases/luggage in the aircraft. Duffle bags would be provided by our crew on the day of arrival, in which guests will be allowed to carry up to 05 kg of luggage during the tour.
• HHSPL has its own crew at all the Dhams. For any help, guidance or assistance, guests are free to reach out to them.
• Hotels at all the Dhams are non-star category. However, HHSPL has carefully selected the most comfortable & highest rated properties for their Heli-tours.
HOTELS TO BE USED:
• DEHRADUN: Lemon Tree, or similar (EP basis – Meals can be included at an additional cost).
• KHARSALI: Kalindi Hill Top, or similar (AP basis)
• HARSIL: Harsil Retreat, or similar (AP basis)
• SERSI: Ghughuti Resort, or similar (AP basis).
• Badrinath: Hotel Snowcrest, or similar (AP basis).
- Hotels & rooms are subject to sudden change at times, due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Rooms are booked on double or triple sharing basis only.
- If any guest requires a single occupancy room, it shall be extra chargeable @ INR 30,000/person (tax inclusive).
• All temples in Chardham sector are located at a high altitude, & guests are advised to carry their own medication with them during travel. Guests are also advised to carry heavy woollen clothing with them, since during evenings & nights the temperature drops drastically.
• Maha Abhishek & Rudra Abhishek Puja’s confirmation needs to be provided by the guests at the time of booking. Payment for the same shall be collected by our crew at Dehradun, so that we can arrange the Puja for the guest prior to their arrival at Badrinath & Kedarnath.
• Flying in hills is subject to weather conditions. And in regard to our Chardham operations, we would like to bring to your kind attention that cancellations & other inconveniences due to weather are very much likely since weather is extremely unpredictable in the hills. Therefore, guests should come prepared to face the eventualities caused by weather problems. Further please note, in case of bad weather, we shall operate as per our policies mentioned in the ‘Terms & Conditions’ & ‘Important Guidelines & Policies’ sections.
• Passengers have to mandatorily follow the government prescribed measures in regards to COVID-19. Without adhering to the same, boarding shall be denied by HHSPL without any refunds.
Our Heli Tours are not available for the following VIP’s:
- Speaker Lok Sabha
- Dy. Chairperson Rajya Sabha
- Central Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- C J I Supreme Court
- Governors of State
- Chief Ministers of State
- State Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- SPG Protectees – Z category only.
• Flying in hills are subject to many Force Majeure factors like delayed Air Traffic Clearances/Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), bad weather, sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the guests at the helipads, among others.
• Our company shall not be liable for any medical emergency on the ground to the party. Therefore, in your own interest, guests are hereby advised to kindly consult a doctor and get medical check-up done before commencing the yatra. Medical check-up is mainly required if a guest has any medical ailment/condition.
• Any donations, tips, pitthu, palki/pony and porter charges shall be borne by the guests.
• Passengers travelling together may not travel in the same helicopter flight, as we may have to shuffle passengers in helicopter flights to manage the total weight of the aircraft.
• Himalayan Heli Services reserves the right to cancel passengers, who are unruly, abusive, intoxicated, sick, mentally unfit or anyone else whom we deem to be unsafe to fly. No refund shall be done to such passenger(s).
• Guests are required to pay 100% of the additional charges before the commencement of tour. Passengers would not be allowed to board or commence the tour, without paying the full and final payable amount.
CARRIAGE BY AIR ACT, 1972
The carriage is subject to Himalayan Heli Services regulations relating to the conditions of Non-International Carriage (Passenger and Baggage) framed in accordance with The Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and Notification regarding application of the carriage which is non-international. The liability of the company for damage sustained in the event of the death or wounding of a passenger or any other bodily injury suffered by passenger or by his registered baggage during the course of carriage by air will be governed by the provisions of sections 4,5,6 and the rules contained in the second Schedule of Carriage by Air Act 1972 with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications, etc as notified in the Govt. of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation Notification and as amended from time to time.
NO AERIAL PHOTOPGRAPHY
Aerial Photography from Helicopter is illegal and punishable by law and photography at the helipad is strictly prohibited.
Infant below 2 years/12kg are carried free of charge. In case of verification of age, ID proof/birth certificate of the child shall be checked.
Only one handbag weighing a maximum of 5 kgs is allowed per passenger.
HELICOPTER WEIGHT LIMTATION
Passengers would be taken on board depending up on the load and temperature conditions. Pilots call will be final. Maximum weight capacity of the helicopter is 450 kg (excluding baggage weight) at these destinations. All passengers on board must be within this limit. Hence, passengers are advised to provide us their exact weights at the time of booking and carry baggage within the permissible limit.
The maximum seating capacity for our helicopters is 06 passengers + 01 Crew.
Disputes as to legality, interpretation, application, or performance of service or any of its terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Delhi Jurisdiction.
The booking has to be done in advance with a deposit of 10% of the total amount. Balance payment has to be deposited at least 14 days prior to the date of arrival at Dehradun.
RESCHEDULING OF BOOKING
Rescheduling your travel date to any future or prior date, will be done subject to availability and on payment of 10% of the total tour cost. This will be permitted only if informed at least 07 days before arrival date. In case the rescheduling is requested in less than 07 days prior to the arrival, then the booking would be treated as cancelled and a fresh booking will be given subject to availability.
If passengers wish to cancel their booking, following refund policy shall be applicable –
- More than 15 days before the departure date — 70% of total tour cost will be refunded.
- Between 08th to 15th day before departure date — 50% of total tour cost will be refunded.
- Up to 07th day before the departure date — No Refund.
- No show – No Refund.
- Cancellation after commencement of Tour – No Refund.
FORCE MAJEURE/BAD WEATHER REFUNDS:
- Tour Cost: 25% of total tour base price per unutilized travel sector, minus INR 10,000 per person per sector toward the flight preparation and ground arrangement charges.
- Additional Services: Deduction of any additional services provided at any of the Dhams during the tour of the guests will be deducted over & above the refundable Tour Cost.
- Refund against any unutilized service would not be calculated separately and be added to the refundable amount. HHSPL pays retention charges to all the vendors at each of the Dham, in case of non-usage of services.
BAD WEATHER/FORCE MAJEURE SITUATIONS POLICY:
- In case Yatra gets cancelled/disturbed due to any force majeure, guests will be provided Credit Voucher from HHSPL for the advance paid, which will be valid for one year from the initial date of travel. Please note, advance once paid will not be refunded, but it can be utilised in the next one year against our helicopter tours/ charter services by availing the mentioned credit voucher.
- Where bad weather, technical snags, or any force majeure reason beyond Himalayan Heli Services’ control results in the cancellation of your flight being delayed or cancelled, Himalayan Heli Services will not be liable in any way for the cancelled or delayed flight. However, refund will be given to clients as per our refunds policy. Any kind of inconvenience caused because of cancellation of flights is beyond the control of the operator. No compensation or reimbursement for accommodation, transportation, meals, or any other travel expenses done by the guests shall be offered in the event of cancellation of a flight.
- After commencement of tour, if the aircraft has to return mid-way due to weather/force majeure conditions, guests will be charged for the flying time of the sector getting cancelled @ INR 90,000/hr plus GST, over & above the additional services rendered to the guest.
- New Chardham passenger(s) scheduled for departure from Dehradun on any respective travel date shall be our top priority, over the back-log passenger(s) of previous days(s).
- Our obligation toward this tour is up to the 4N5D period of your Chardham yatra. Under no circumstance, HHSPL shall increase the 4N5D period for the guests, since we have advance bookings every day, hence carry forward of passengers will not be possible. In the mentioned period, HHSPL shall try to cover maximum Dhams for the guests that is possible, subject to weather conditions and other operational barriers.
- Additional night halt charges shall be payable by the guests to hotel on direct payment basis, who continue to stay in the hotel accommodation arranged by HHSPL during the bad weather day halts.
- Dehradun night stay is only a complimentary stay provided by us. The actual flying commences from day 02 of the tour.
- In case for 05 straight days there is no flying due to any force majeure reason, guests will be given full refund toward the Heli-tour booking, minus the flight preparation charges (as per the cancellation/refunds policy).
- We shall try to cover the maximum Dhams possible for the guests in the 4N5D tour period in case any force majeure disturbance occurs. And, for the unutilized Chardham sectors, guests would be given refund by HHSPL as per our refunds policy.
- HHSPL shall not fly to Harsil after 1200 hrs, under any circumstance, due to turbulent wind conditions.
- In case force majeure disturbance pertains remains for most part of the day, we shall plan the flights in the best possible way, subject to the remaining time-at-hand during the day, the operational restrictions and the weather forecast/conditions on the respective date. Planning of flights is as per the sole discretion of HHSPL crew.
- HHSPL shall solely decide the planning of flights for the Chardham groups, since we have to cater for multiple number of groups, that are stranded at each Dham in case of Bad weather/Force Majeure situation.
- No additional ferry flights shall be borne by HHSPL under any circumstance. If any passenger(s) require ferry flights to be operated for them in emergency on personal request, cost for the same shall be charged to the party @ INR 90,000/hr plus GST.
- In regards to the guests stranded at Kharsali/Harsil/Kedarnath/Badrinath, if any group requests to cancel their tour on their own desire and come down before their scheduled return date, the arrangement of vehicle for their return journey by road shall be done by HHSPL, however, cost for the same shall be borne by the guests on direct payment basis. No refunds are applicable in case guests wish to cancel & return mid-tour.
• Any increase in government levied taxes/royalties after the confirmation of booking, would be extra chargeable to the guests. Payment of any increase in government levy will be mandatory before the commencement of tour.
• Bookings will be taken, considering there is acceptance of the above-mentioned terms & conditions by the party.