Our Chardham Heli-tour encompasses every little detail, comfort & charge you’ll encounter on your entire yatra. Join Himalayan Heli on this sacred pilgrimage by booking on per seat basis, & get set for a journey of a lifetime.
• Duration: 5 Nights / 6 Days (Including complimentary stay at Dehradun)
• Itinerary: Dehradun ➝ Yamunotri ➝ Gangotri ➝ Kedarnath ➝ Badrinath ➝ Dehradun
• Operational During: May to June (Pre-monsoon), Sep to Oct (Post-monsoon).
• VIP Darshans are subject to the orders issued by the temple authorities and State government.
• In view of our helicopters’ weight carrying capacity, Himalayan Heli reserves the right to shuffle passengers between helicopters to manage the right weight for safe flying in the hills. Therefore, passengers travelling together may not be accommodated in the same helicopter flight.
• FIXED FLIGHT TIMINGS: This is a Daily Fixed Departure Helicopter tour, and departure timings of each destination is fixed. Therefore, passengers must ensure they report as per the scheduled ETDs. However, Himalayan Heli reserves the right to change/postpone the timings of flying one day prior, subject to weather/force majeure reasons.
• Passengers must submit their correct weights at the time of booking.
• BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE: Only one baggage weighing a maximum of 5 kgs is allowed per passenger. It Is not permitted to carry suitcases or big travel bags in the helicopter; therefore, duffle bags will be provided by our team to all passengers on the day of arrival.
• Arrival/departure details must be provided at the time of booking, so that we can smoothly operate the tour.
• Passengers should book Dehradun arrival flights around 02:00 pm, or earlier.
• Kedarnath shuttle service: Passengers will be ferried to Kedarnath ji in a shuttle services flight. And it is likely that passengers travelling together may not be accommodated in a same flight.
• Any sudden increase in taxes/levy by the State Government or the temple authorities, will be borne by the passengers.
• If online yatra registration will be compulsory, then passengers will have to do the same prior to travel.
• Comfortable clothing such as tracksuits or Kurtas are advised on the tour. As for shoes, one should carry sports or trekking shoes.
• Himalayan Heli has its own crew at all the Dhams. For assistance, they will be with the passengers always.
• Infants below 2 years (Max 12 kg weight) are accommodated free of charge. For verification of age the child, ID proof/birth certificate of the child will be checked.
• Any donations, tips, pitthu, extra porter charges shall be borne by the passengers.
• Airport transfers shall be provided on the arrival day at Dehradun, and on the last day of our tour.
• Network connectivity at Harsil & Badrinath is very poor. BSNL & Jio are the main telecom services, that work in these regions mostly.
• All temples in Chardham sector are located at a high altitude, therefore passengers are advised to carry medication during travel. Also, they are advised to carry warm clothing with them, because during evenings & nights, the temperature can drop drastically.
• Day Zero: This is the reporting day at Dehradun, which is our main base (starting & ending point) for the Heli-tour.
• Himalayan Heli arranges this extra night halt for the passengers with dinner and breakfast, to wind down and be fully ready for the journey ahead.
• Passengers will be picked up from Dehradun Airport/railway station/bus stand according to their arrival timings.
• In the evening, there will be a Tour Briefing by our Dehradun team, which will be conducted at 1900 Hrs. Duffel bags will be provided during the tour briefing, in which necessary luggage will have to be packed by the passengers – Maximum 5 kg/person will be permitted.
This is officially the starting day of the Chardham yatra. We fly early morning from Sahastradhara to Kharsali at 0730 hrs. FYI, HHSPL has its own Heli-base in Kharsali.
Yamunotri Dham is a 6 km trek from Kharsali village & it takes around 6 hours to finish.
Kharsali is one of the most favourite destinations of our passengers. This quite little village has two sacred ancient temples which you can visit: Shani temple & Yamuna Mata temple (Winter seat of goddess Yamuna).
We fly from Kharsali to Harsil at 0630 hrs.
Jhalla – Himalayan Heli’s second own Heli-base in the Chardham sector. After landing at Jhalla, passengers will be taken to Harsil village & checked-in the hotel.
Gangotri Dham is at a distance of approx. 25kms from Harsil Village, which takes around 50 mins to reach.
Harsil village is hands down, the most scenic stop of our Chardham tour. This place will capture your heart the minute you arrive here. Moreover, the endless sightseeing places here will keep you occupied throughout the day.
We fly from Harsil to Sersi at 0830 hrs. HHSPL has its own Heli-base in Sersi, from where we operate the shuttle services for Kedarnath Ji shrine.
You will be taken for Shri Kedarnath Ji darshan in one of our shuttle services flight.
Sersi is a small village in Mandakini valley. In the evening, we take you to an ancient temple nearby: Triyuginarayan temple – The venue of Lord Shiva & Goddess Parvati’s marriage.
We fly from Sersi to Badrinath at 06:00 hrs.
Shri Badrinath ji Dham is 05 mins away from the Badrinath hotel.
The most popular place to visit near Badrinath Ji Dham is Mana Village – The last village of India.
We fly from Badrinath to Sahastradhara at 0800 hrs.
As we arrive at Sahastradhara, our team will welcome you back to Dehradun and after that we will drop you to the airport/railway stations for your return journey.
This concludes our Chardham 4N5D Heli-tour.
1. Booking of Scheduled/Non-scheduled flights to Dehradun:
• Price on request.
• While our team takes care of your entire Chardham tour, they can also assist you in booking of air-tickets to Dehradun.
2. Haridwar, Rishikesh or Mussoorie visit:
• Booking for the same is to be done at the time of booking of your Chardham tour.
3. Booking of Scheduled/Non-Scheduled Flights or Train Tickets:
• Price on request.
4. Extra Night Stay at Dehradun:
• Price on demand. For additional night stay at Dehradun, our team can take care of your hotel bookings. FYI, we arrange hotels at the most attractive rates you can get.
• Passengers have to mandatorily follow the government prescribed measures in regards to COVID-19.
• Passengers will be provided PPE gowns/kits, masks & sanitizers by our crew before boarding their respective flights.
• Passengers should ensure social distancing with other pilgrims at the time of darshan.
• Wearing a mask is compulsory to board the helicopter and must be worn at all times.
• Post-flight our helicopters are sanitized and fumigated for the safe flying of our passengers.
• Flying in hills is subject to weather conditions. And in regard to our Chardham operations, we would like to bring to your kind attention that flight cancellations & other inconveniences due to weather are very much likely since weather is extremely unpredictable in the hills.
• Passengers should come prepared to face the eventualities which can arise by bad weather/force majeure problems.
• Force Majeure situations include cases of bad weather, low visibility for flying, delayed Air Traffic Clearances/Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the guests at the helipads, among others.
• Further please note, in case of bad weather/force majeure situation, we will operate as per our policies mentioned in the ‘Terms & Conditions’ & ‘Important Guidelines & Policies’ sections.
Q.1: How is the weather going to be?
Ans: Please refer to Weather & What to Wear section.
Q.2: What kind of clothing should I bring?
Ans: Please refer to Weather & What to Wear section.
Q.3: How will the food be arranged?
Ans: All meals are included at each Dham, however, meals are not included during your stay at Dehradun. FYI, food is prepared separately for non-garlic & non-onion food eaters.
Q. 4: What sort of meal is served in our Chardham yatra.
Ans: Pure Vegetarian food is served to all our pilgrims without onion and garlic.
Q.5: Which telephone networks work?
Ans: Kharsali: All networks
Harsil: BSNL, JIO
Sersi: All networks
Kedarnath: All networks
Badrinath: BSNL, JIO
In case your networks do not work, you can always reach out to our crew for any help or assistance regarding the same.
Q.6: Will there be a guide with us throughout the Yatra?
Ans: HHSPL crew will be present at each Dham to assist you for all your needs. Our crew will also guide you during your sight-seeings.
Q.7: What kind of accommodation will be provided at places?
Ans: Luxury hotels are not available at these remote locations,therefore you are advised not to keep very high expectation of hotels. However, we provide the best available hotels at all location.
Q.8: When should we reach Dehradun to start our Chardham Yatra?
Ans: Guests need to reach Dehradun, one day prior to their scheduled Chardham departure date booked with us. Himalayan Heli provides complimentary stay on the first night, when guests arrive at Dehradun.
Q.9: How far are the Temples from the Helipads at each Dham?
Ans: Apart from Yamunotri Dham, there is barely any walking distance at each Dham. At Yamunotri, there is a 6km trek to the shrine, which is done through porters/Palki/Pony. Arrangement for the same is done by Himalayan Heli.
Q.10: Will children be charged the same for the Chardham Yatra, or do they have any concessions?
Ans:Children below the age of 2 years travel free of charge. For children 2 or above, full charges are applicable.
Q.11: Are we supposed to pay for the darshans at the temple?
Ans: VIP darshans at all the four shrines are arranged by Himalayan Heli. However, special pujas are not included in our tour. The same can be arranged on request.
Q.12: When is the Chardham tour available?
Ans: The opening date of Kedarnath ji is announced every year on the day of Maha Shivratri, and opening date of Badrinath ji is announced on the day of Basant Panchami. Whereas, both Yamunotri and Gangotri Dham open every year on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya.
Based on the opening dates, our Chardham tours generally commence sometime in the month of May, and are operational from May-June (pre-monsoon season) & September-October (post-monsoon season).
• In the summer months of May –June, weather remains sunny during the day & approx. 20-30 degrees at night – which is very pleasant.
• Comfortable summer leisure wear should be carried during the May-June season.
• During Sep-Oct, temperatures remain pleasant during the day. However, they drop to around 10-20 degrees at night.
• We provide disposable raincoats to our passengers in case of rain.
• At Kedarnath & Badrinath, temperatures may suddenly fall below 10 degrees at night. Therefore, it is advisable to carry clothes for cold weather during these months.
• COVID TRAVEL GUIDELINES
COVID protocols must be adhered by the passengers as per the effective mandate of the government. Without adhering to the government guidelines, boarding shall be denied to the passengers without refund.
• SEATING CAPACITY
The seating capacity of our helicopter is 06 passengers.
• HELICOPTER WEIGHT LIMITATION
Maximum weight capacity of the helicopter is 450 kg (excluding baggage weight). Passengers are taken on board depending up on the load and temperature conditions, and the Pilots call will be final. Hence, passengers are required to provide us their exact weights at the time of booking.
Exceedance of helicopter weight carrying capacity, will result in passengers getting deboarded & cancelled for the Heli-tour without any refund.
• OVERWEIGHT CHARGES
Overweight charges are applicable @ INR 2,000/kg. This will be chargeable to passengers weighing above 75 kg. But excess weight will only be calculated on the total excess weight above the total permissible weight of all the group members combined, i.e., permissible weight = 75 Kg x (No. of pax).
Any discrepancy found in the weights of the passengers, which will be chargeable as per the overweight criteria, the same would be collected prior to boarding of flights.
• ARRIVAL DATE
Our Chardham 4N/5D Heli-tours are booked flying-date wise. And passengers must report to Dehradun one day prior to the flying date.
• BAD WEATHER & FORCE MAJEURE DISCLAIMER
Flying in hills is subject to bad weather, and many Force Majeure factors like delayed Air Traffic Clearances/Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the passengers at the helipads, among others. Therefore, passengers must be prepared to face any eventuality and inconvenience in case of such scenarios.
• AADHAR Card copies are to be shared by all Indian passengers, & passport in case of foreign nationals.
|o DEHRADUN||: Fairfield by Marriott, or similar (MAP basis – Dinner & Breakfast).|
|o KHARSALI||: Hotel Yamuna Parmarth, or similar (AP basis - all meals)|
|o HARSIL||: Harsil Retreat, or similar (AP basis - all meals)|
|o SERSI||: Ghughuti Resort, or similar (AP basis - all meals)|
|o BADRINATH||: Hotel Snowcrest, or similar (AP basis - all meals)|
- Hotels are subject to sudden change.
- Rooms are booked on double or triple sharing basis only.
- For a separate single occupancy room, it will be extra chargeable @ INR 40,000/person (tax inclusive).
- Hotels at all the Dhams are non-star category. However, we have carefully selected the most comfortable properties for our Heli-tours.
• We advise our passengers to keep one additional day at hand at the end of the tour, over & above the 5N/6D period, to avoid missing their return flights in case they get stuck at any of the destinations due to bad weather or force majeure reasons.
• ADD-ON SERVICES
Additional services which are not mendtioned in our inclusions will be extra chargeable, and the same must be confirmed to us at the time of booking.
• MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
Himalayan Heli will not be liable for any medical emergency on the ground to the passengers. Therefore, in your own interest, passengers are hereby advised to kindly consult a doctor and get medical check-up done before commencing the yatra. Medical check-up is mainly required if a passenger has any medical ailment or condition. If Medical evacuation by Helicopter is needed, it will be chargeable @ INR 1,10,000/ Hr plus GST.
• CARRIAGE BY AIR ACT, 1972
The carriage is subject to Himalayan Heli Services regulations relating to the conditions of Non-International Carriage (Passenger and Baggage) framed in accordance with The Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and Notification regarding application of the carriage which is non-international. The liability of the company for damage sustained in the event of the death or wounding of a passenger or any other bodily injury suffered by passenger or by his registered baggage during the course of carriage by air will be governed by the provisions of sections 4,5,6 and the rules contained in the second Schedule of Carriage by Air Act 1972 with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications, etc as notified in the Govt. of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation Notification and as amended from time to time.
• Himalayan Heli reserves the right to cancel passengers, who are unruly, abusive, intoxicated, sick, mentally unfit or anyone else whom we deem to be unsafe to fly. No refund shall be done to such passenger(s).
• Our Heli-Tours are not available for the following VIP’s:
- Speaker Lok Sabha
- Dy. Chairperson Rajya Sabha
- Central Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- C J I Supreme Court
- Governors of State
- Chief Ministers of State
- State Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- SPG Protectees – Z category only.
• RESCHEDULING OF BOOKING
Rescheduling your booking to any future or prior travel date, will be done subject to availability, and on payment of 10% of the total tour cost. This will be permitted only if informed at least 07 days before arrival date. In case rescheduling is requested less than 07 days prior to the travel date, then the booking would be treated as cancelled, & a fresh booking will be given subject to availability, after the levy of applicable cancellation charges.
• PAYMENT TERMS
o We accept payments via bank transfers, cheques, cash, UPI and card machine.
o The booking is to be done in advance with a deposit of 50% of the total amount. Balance payment will be taken 14 days prior to the date of arrival at Dehradun.
o Passengers will not be permitted to board or commence the tour, unless full & final payment of the tour has been done.
o Payments via credit/debit card machine will incur 2% extra charges.
• CANCELLATIONS POLICY:
If passengers cancel their booking prior or after commencement of tour, following cancellation charges will be applicable -
|o More than 15 days prior to travel date||: 30% of total tour cost.|
|o Between 08 to 15 days prior to travel date||: 50% of total tour cost.|
|o 07 or less days prior to travel date||: No Refund.|
|o No show||: No Refund.|
|o After commencement of tour||: No Refund.|
Basis of Refund:
• Tour Cost: The refundable amount of each uncovered Dham will be as mentioned below:
o Kharsali/Yamunotri: 20% tour cost minus INR 30,000 towards Flight preparation charges.
o Jhalla/Gangotri: 25% tour cost minus INR 30,000 towards flight preparation charges.
o Sersi/Kedarnath: 25% tour cost minus INR 30,000 towards Flight preparation charges.
o Badrinath: 30% tour cost minus INR 30,000 towards Flight preparation charges.
o Full tour cancellation: Full refund minus INR 30,000 towards flight preparation and retention charges.
• BAD WEATHER & FORCE MAJEURE POLICIES:
• Where bad weather, technical snags, or any force majeure reason beyond Himalayan Heli Services’ control results in the cancellation of the flight or delay, Himalayan Heli Services will not be liable in any way for the cancelled or delayed flight. However, refund will be given to clients as per our refunds policy. Any kind of inconvenience caused because of cancellation of flights is beyond the control of the operator. No compensation or reimbursement for accommodation, transportation, meals, or any other extra travel expenses done by the passengers shall be offered in the event of cancellation of a flight.
• In case tour departure does not take place from Dehradun on Day One due to above reasons, tour will be considered as cancelled and full refund as per our policies will be made. However, in case the passengers would like to consider taking the tour on the next available date, a fresh booking can be made for the same. Our team will propose the available options to the passengers. The balance/unutilized amount against previous booking can be adjusted against the fresh booking. And any extra costs that would be accruing, will have to be borne by the passengers.
• In case the tour departs from Dehradun as per schedule but gets disrupted, while the tour is ongoing, our team will propose the possible revised itinerary within the scheduled package days, but without any extension of days.
• Any extension, proposed by the passengers, in the package will only be considered at an extra cost and subject to operational viability.
• In case for 05 straight days flying does not take place, full refund as per our policies will be made to the passengers.
• New Chardham passenger(s) scheduled for departure from Dehradun on any respective travel date shall be our top priority, over the back-log passenger(s) of previous days(s).
• In case of passenger get stuck at Kedarnath top due to bad weather or Force Majeure, the accommodation charges at Kedarnath will borne by the client directly.
• Additional night halt charges will be payable by the passengers to hotels on direct payment basis if they get stuck for additional nights due to bad weather/force majeure reasons over and above the 5N/6D period.
• If passengers require extra helicopter flying at the end of their tour, the same will be chargeable at INR 1,10,000/Hr + UCADA royalty & landing charges + GST.
• Himalayan Heli may not fly to Harsil/Jhalla, in case of turbulent wind conditions – which is common in the Harsil valley after 1200 Hrs.
• While the tour is ongoing, if any group demands to cancel their tour mid-way, the arrangement of transportation will be done by Himalayan Heli, however, cost for the same will be borne by the passengers on direct payment basis.
• Any increase in government levies or taxes, after the confirmation of booking, will be extra chargeable to the passengers. Payment against the same will have to be done before the commencement of tour.
Disputes as to legality, interpretation, application or performance of service or any of its terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Delhi Jurisdiction.
• Bookings will be taken, considering there is acceptance of the above-mentioned terms & conditions by the party.
We are delighted to announce that our bookings are OPEN for the year 2023, on the following dates:
Pre-Monsoon Season: 26th April - 16th June
Post-Monsoon Season: 21st September - 7th November
Our bookings are filling fast, so please get in touch with us @ +91 9818153059 to book your spots!
Team Himalayan Heli